A 1920’s-Costume-Filled Evening of Spoken Word, Live Music & Dance Performances, Visual Arts, Great Wine, and Delicious Food.
SAT. February 16, 2019
Bread & Salt
1955 Julian Ave
San Diego, CA 92113
BREAKTHROUGH is a quarterly Spoken Word Series themed around catalytic moments in the history of art, science, fashion, music, pop culture and more. Each event includes delicious food, live music, spoken word, dance performances, and visual arts – all themed around a specific historical era. Co-produced in partnership with CA Poet Laureate Nominee Gill Sotu. Guests are encouraged to dress in costume of the era. This episode was themed around The Roaring Twenties.
2/16 EVENT EXPERIENCES:
– Delicious bites by Chefs Daniella de la Puente (La Cocina Secreta), Danilo B. Tangalin Jr (Bivouac Ciderworks), and Martin San Roman (Dobson’s Bar & Restaurant);
– Craft beer, wine and cocktails provided by Cerveza Colibre, St Petersburg Vodka, Boochcraft, and Baja Wine + Food
– Photo station by renowned portrait photographer Josue Castro
– Opportunity to participate in the 1920’s surrealist parlor game, Exquisite Corpse. Presented by Chi Essary https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exquisite_corpse
– Vaudeville fashion show featuring works by San Diego City College’s Theatrical Makeup and Special Effects Class: CityFX
FULL BREAKTHROUGH CALENDAR:
2/16: The Roaring Twenties:
4/20: The Seventies
9/21: The Nineties
11/2: The Future
Visit www.VanguardCulture.org for more information.
@VanguardCulture @CulturallySavvy #Breakthrough1920s
Featured Food & Beverage Sponsors: