We are looking for a creative and motivated individual who is interested in developing/mastering their skills in Marketing & Public Relations to join our team. Applicant should be an undergraduate student in the San Diego area who is majoring in Public Relations, Marketing, Graphic Design, Communications, Art History or other related fields. This person should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with extensive knowledge of Web and social media. PowerPoint, Mailchimp, Canva, WordPress, Word and Excel experience is a bonus and will be considered when choosing the best applicant for this internship position. Learn more about our mission/vision HERE
• Assist in the creation and distribution of newsletters, e-mail campaigns, marketing materials, etc.
• Assist in the development of marketing strategies essential for the growth of the organization.
• Perform analysis of marketing and sales data
• Participate in various stages of print and online marketing campaigns.
• Enter contact information into contact management systems
• Maintain tracking report of public relations activity
• Develop and execute social media campaigns for Vanguard Culture’s Facebook and Twitter accounts
• Recommend and build a company presence on additional social media sites
• Measure and track responses to current Marketing Campaigns
• Be a positive spokesperson for the organization while attending a variety of cultural and community events.
• Other duties as assigned
Skills & Specifications
• Be a highly self-motivated self-starter
• Ability to work individually on self-driven projects
• Well built skills in organization, prioritization and time management
• Work under stress to meet project deadlines and minute attention to detail
• Have a desire to learn and contribute
• Demonstrate ability to solve problems, analyze data and suggest appropriate solutions
Skills Acquired During Internship
• Knowledge of new technologies, basic marketing, and social media principles
• Writing press releases, reports, procedures and business correspondence
• Development and distribution of print and online marketing campaigns.
• Networking for business in the arts
• Development and analysis of various marketing strategies
A one-time $600.00 stipend and 50% of travel expenses will be reimbursed at the end of the 6-month internship. School credit will also be provided. The internship will result in having gained broad experience in various aspects of marketing and public relations as well as having built strong connections to San Diego’s Arts and Culture community. Other perks include free tickets to performing arts events, backstage tours of art exhibitions, film, and culinary events. This individual reports directly to the CEO/Founder of the organization.