Thanks for visiting our PRESS ROOM. Here you will find information on past, current and upcoming events and programs. Please contact Susanna Peredo Swap at Susanna@VanguardCulture.com with any additional questions, suggestions, image requests, or interview inquiries you may have.
3/3/20: Meet Artist and Curator Chi Essary (Vanguard Culture Board Member) – Pacific Magazine
11/15/19: Interview with Susanna Peredo-Swap: Founder & Executive Director at Vanguard Culture – Patricia Kathleen talks with Female Entrepreneurs
11/8/19: City FX offers a unique opportunity for community college students – San Diego City Times
11/1/19: Vanguard Culture’s Breakthrough: The Future Features Cutting Edge Science – KPBS
11/1/19: Art And Science Collide In Vanguard Culture’s Final Show Of 2019 – KPBS Midday Edition
10/1/19: Vanguard Culture Closes Out Its Quarterly Spoken Word Series with a Hopeful Visioning of the Future.
8/19/19: Vanguard Culture Powers Through Its Quarterly BREAKTHROUGH Spoken Word Series with An Unforgettable 1990’S-Themed Evening
7/9/19: Movement as Creative Catalyst – a response to Vanguard Culture’s Experiential Movement Lab. By Tiffany Noel Froese
7/1/19: What Will San Diego Look like in 2069? – The city’s next big investment: Art By Susanna Peredo Swap, Founder and Executive Director, Vanguard Culture – San Diego Magazine
6/28/19: Artful Leadership Season 2, Episode 1. An interview with Susanna Peredo Swap, Executive Director of Vanguard Culture.
6/21/19: Not-So-Silent Short Film Festival Celebrates Women Pioneer Filmmakers – KPBS Midday Edition
6/20/19: Exploring early cinema and more at La Jolla’s Wisteria Cottage – San Diego Community News Group
6/13/19: Dine with Chef Daniela de la Puente at Artist @ the Table – Pacific Magazine
6/13/19: Come Out and Play! Help create a live soundtrack for Not-So-Silent Short Film Festival in San Diego – La Jolla Light
5/29/19: Lights, Camera, Action: La Jolla Historical Society exhibit examines ‘devices and wizardry’ of 1900s film-making – La Jolla Light
5/7/19: Artists Reinterpret the 1970’s – San Diego Downtown News
4/13/19: THE EDGE: A Night of Artistry – San Diego Music Award Winners Merge Contrasting Music Styles. Press Release can be found HERE.
3/20/19: Malashock Dance to Present ‘Art of Dance’ with fashion, dance, and culinary arts – in partnership with Vanguard Culture. San Diego Community News Network
3/5/19: After an Exciting SOLD OUT Roaring Twenties Event, Breakthrough Continues with Live Performances and Unforgettable Experiences Inspired by the 1970’s. Press Release can be found HERE.
2/19/19: Malashock Dance Presents ‘Art of Dance’ in partnership with Vanguard Culture. Press Release can be found HERE.
1/22/19: Vanguard Culture Kicks Off Quarterly Spoken Word Series with a Costumed Evening Themed Around the Roaring Twenties. Press Release can be found HERE.
12/18/18: Vanguard Culture Announces its 2019 Season “CATALYST”. Press Release can be found HERE. Full Season Calendar can be found HERE.
10/29/18: New Alliance Between IDEA1 and Vanguard Culture Aims to Engage the Broader Arts Community (Press Release Can be Found HERE)
8/19/18: Nortec Collective vets and ‘Baja-inspired bites’ should be a tasty combo at downtown UCSD URBAN event – Pacific Magazine
3/8/18: Meet Susanna Peredo Swap of Vanguard Culture – SD Voyager Magazine, San Diego’s Most Inspiring Stories
6/30/16: Avant-Garde Costume Gala at the Mingei International Museum – Vanessa Balli’s Outfit of the Day
6/2/16: Creativity on the Forefront: Vanguard Culture aims to bring together artists in all genres and to help other nonprofits – San Diego Home & Garden Magazine
4/4/16: Vanguard Culture – An Artist @ The Table w/ Roman de Salvo – Love & Mimosas, A Lifestyle Blog
7/20/15: Working Backward From Crazy: Implementing a Vision – An Interview with Susanna Peredo, Founder and CEO of Vanguard Culture – Artful Life by Cathy Breslaw
2/23/15: Partying with the artsy elite: The Foodie Soirée reminded me why I love living rooms – CityBeat Magazine
3/19/13: Susanna Peredo on ARTS: A Reason to Survive at Voice of San Diego’s A Meeting of the Minds March 2013
- SENSORIUM was an evening of vanguard art experiences, delicious food, wine tastings, and creative networking. Over 80 artists transformed 15 condo lofts of the art-filled community of IDEA1 Downtown with immersive, experiential, and multi-sensory art experiences themed around The 5 Senses. Performances by The PGK Dance Project, San Diego Dance Theatre and a 5 Senses Fashion Show by Fashion Week San Diego. Featured Artists included: Seagge L. Abella, Jason Acton, Dan Adams, ADillaTheGenius, Adrian Arancibia, Alanna Airitam, Eric Arnold, Siobhan Arnold & Meagan Shein (SIEN Collective), Farhad Bahrami, Stephanie Bedwell, Mike-David Bliss, Lyndsay Bloom, Melissa Browder Beck, Nigel Brookes, Bryan & Ryan, John Burnett, Heloise C. Buntin, Larry Caveney, Randal Christopher, Lucas Coffin, Andrew “Swan” Coronado, Christian Dahmann, Crystal Daigle, Dornob (with Farhad), Stacy Ardis Dyson, Kristine Diekman & Tony Allard, Sheena Rae Dowling, Michelle Esbensen, Claudia Fernety, Arianna A. Feliz, Jeremy Field, Laurie C. Fisher, David Fobes, Grace Gray Adams, Janice Grissell, Becky Guttin, Kirsten Imani-Kasai, Haydeé Jiménez, Rachel Jimenez, Yasmin Kasem, Richard Keely, Neil Kendricks, Lamia Khorshid, Dana Kotler, Anqi Liu, Maldonado (Maldodanz), Adeeb Maki, Ted Meyer, Andrew Meyers, Teresa Mill, Mary Moreno, Colin J. Moyer, Tim Murdock, Edwin Nutting, Jeremy D. Orton, Erika Paniagua, Sara Parent-Ramos, Ratishma Petre, Michael Ruiz, Astha Saini, Roberto Salas, Devin & Jeanne Scott, Stay Strange, Veronica Santiago Moniello, Aiyana Sphere, Rich Stewart, Anna Stump, Perry Vasquez, Xavier Vasquez, Wendy Vasta, Victorio Villa, Javier Arreguin Villegas, Katie Ward, Chris Warren, James E. Watts, Alisa Wechsler, Gunner Williams, Molly Whittaker, Anna Zappoli, Tiange Zhou.
Click HERE to the full collection of photos.
- THE SPACE was an Experiential Pop-Up Art Tent at Mission Federal ArtWalk. Vanguard Culture took over a 20’x30′ tent and programmed it with a variety of unique art and culinary experiences that included spoken word, fashion show, live music, free advice, a sit down with a stranger, and Round Two of our Ceviche Chef Showdown.
Click HERE to view the full collection of photos
- INSPIRE was an evening of great conversation, delicious food, and creative networking. This event addressed the creative and intellectual nature of inspiration in the visual, performing, and culinary arts. Pre-show mixer included one hour of experiences themed around the question of the evening: “What Inspires YOU?” 4 Delicious Chef Stations presented by The O Xperience, Music & Curated Visuals by Xavier Vasquez aka !ZeuqsaV! Wine Tastings by Baja Wine + Food, and 6 INSPIRE-themed Engagement Activities. The main event asked 8 Creative Industry Leaders to answer the question: “What Inspires You?” in the rapid-fire presentation style of 20 slides @ 20 seconds each. Hosted by WILL MARRÉ, Acclaimed Speaker, Moderator, Educator, Author, & Emmy® winner. Co-founder and former president of the Covey Leadership Center which brought The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People to millions worldwide. Featured speakers: David Bennett (Managing Director of the San Diego Opera), Ingrid Croce (Restauranteur, Visual Artist & Arts Advocate), Thierry Brouard (Co-founder of Premium Paris & Internationally recognized French fashion photographer), Roxana Velasquez (Executive Director of the San Diego Museum of Art), Deborah Klochko (Executive Director & Chief Curator of Museum of Photographic Arts), Peter Kalivas (Executive Director of the PGK Dance Project), Debra McGinty Poteet (prolific local art collector), and Maxine Mahon (Executive Director of the California Ballet Company).
- The yearly Avant-Garde Costume Gala is a wild and wonderful evening of creative and sensory pleasure. Guests are invited to wear their wildest, most unique or thought-provoking costume as they enjoy live performances and interactive art environments by some of the region’s most notable artists. Featuring 10 amazing chefs, locally crafted cocktails, Baja Wine varieties, virtual reality room, room-sized art installations, a pastry-filled Mad Hatter Tea Party, an Avant-Garde photo station, and a fearlessly inventive fashion show by Fashion Week San Diego designed to push the limits of creativity. Steampunkers, foodies, cosplay peeps, and fashionistas encouraged to attend.
- An Artist @ the Table is an intimate dinner series that introduces the general public to San Diego’s creative community by inviting 12 strangers to share in a delicious 4-course dinner with a prominent local arts leader. Featured Artists’ backgrounds range from photography to architecture, fashion, theatre, sculpture, dance and more. Featured Chefs are tasked with creating a menu inspired by the work of the artist. Wine pairings generously provided by Baja Wine + Food. Early ticket purchase is highly recommended. $100.00 – $175.00 / 21+ only.
- The Foodie Soirée is a yearly celebration of delicious food and creative people. These exclusive events are held in private residences and feature cutting-edge art installations by visual and multi-media artists; live performances by talented dancers, musicians, singers, and actors; tours of private art collections; chef demonstrations; and more. Our guest list has reached over 400 people and is comprised of museum professionals, writers, gallerists, musicians, theatre folks, fashion industry peeps, visual artists, dancers, photographers, culinary professionals and the people who love them. Each event is limited to the first 50 people to RSVP – creating the perfect environment for quality networking and creative collaboration. All guests are asked to bring a culinary creation to share. More info and images HERE.