MARKETING / PUBLIC RELATIONS INTERN
Vanguard Culture is an online media entity designed for culturally savvy, socially conscious
individuals. We provide original interviews and reviews of the people, places, and events that
make up San Diego’s thriving arts and culture community, as well as curated snapshots of the
week’s best, most inspiring and unique cultural and culinary events. We believe in making a
difference in the world, supporting San Diego’s vibrant visual and performing arts community
and bringing awareness to important social and community causes.
We are looking for a person who is interested in developing/mastering their skills in Marketing
& Public Relations to join our creative team. Applicant should be an undergraduate student in
the San Diego area who is majoring in Public Relations, Marketing, Graphic Design,
Communications, Art History or other related fields. This person should have excellent verbal
and written communication skills, with extensive knowledge of Web and social media.
PowerPoint, Mailchimp, WordPress, Word and Excel experience is a bonus and will be
considered when choosing the best applicant for this internship position.
• Assist in the creation and distribution of newsletters, e-mail campaigns, marketing materials, etc.
• Assist in the development of marketing strategies essential for the growth of the
• Perform analysis of marketing and sales data
• Participate in various stages of print and online marketing campaigns.
• Enter contact information into contact management systems
• Maintain tracking report of public relations activity
• Develop and execute social media campaigns for Vanguard Culture’s Facebook and Twitter accounts
• Recommend and build a company presence on additional social media sites
• Measure and track responses to current Marketing Campaigns
• Be a positive spokesperson for the organization while attending a variety of cultural and community events.
• Other duties as assigned
Skills & Specifications
• Be a highly self-motivated self-starter
• Ability to work individually on self-driven projects
• Well built skills in organization, prioritization and time management
• Work under stress to meet project deadlines and minute attention to detail
• Have a desire to learn and contribute
• Demonstrate ability to solve problems, analyze data and suggest appropriate solutions
Skills Acquired During Internship
• Knowledge of new technologies, basic marketing, and social media principles
• Writing press releases, reports, procedures and business correspondence
• Development and distribution of print and online marketing campaigns.
• Networking for business in the arts
• Development and analysis of various marketing strategies
A one-time $500.00 stipend and 50% of travel expenses will be reimbursed
at the end of the 6-month internship. School credit will also be provided.
The internship will result in having gained broad experience in various aspects of marketing and
public relations as well as having built strong connections to San Diego’s Arts and Culture community.
Other perks include free tickets to performing arts events,
backstage tours of art exhibitions, film, and culinary events. This individual reports directly to
the CEO/Founder of the organization.
To apply for this position please submit your resume and a cover letter to:
All resumes should be emailed as a Microsoft Word document, saved as “Last Name_First Name”.
Please write the following in the subject line of your email:
“Marketing/ PR Internship”.