Vanguard Culture events are different. We don’t just throw parties or host art shows. We produce innovative visual, performing, and culinary arts experiences that respond to the changes and challenges of our modern world. Our events provide opportunities for guests to connect in meaningful ways and be inspired by the visionary artists who participate in our programming. Our programmatic partnerships with some of San Diego’s most innovative arts organizations will leave you feeling that you’ve experienced something truly special that cannot be replicated.
Examples of experiences that have occurred at our events:
- Strangers were invited to sit together and connect with one another in a meaningful way. Participants had to shut their phones off for 10 minutes (or more), to answer 36 Questions that are scientifically proven to help people fall in love.
- Local performance artist Larry Caveney offered 5 minutes of free advice or free compliments while sitting on a throne, loaned to us by the San Diego Opera.
- An artist, a scientist, a poet, and a chef were each tasked with creating/presenting something in response to climate change. The highlight of the evening was Chef Stevan Novoa’s culinary interpretation, inspired by his personal experience of being belly-deep in water during Hurricane Katrina. His response? Pork belly.
- Avant-Garde Costume Galas. We’ve hosted a few. Each time, we’ve welcomed 300+ wildly-costumed guests. Art installations, live dance performances, chef stations, and an Avant Garde Fashion Show in partnership with Fashion Week San Diego.
- Our Artist @ the Table series invites the community to dine with some of San Diego’s most notable arts leaders in beautiful, art-filled private homes. Featured Chefs are tasked with creating an elegant 4-course menu inspired by the work of the artist.
- Our recent event SENSORIUM brought together over 550 guests, 80% of them Creative Industry Professionals. The event included: over 80 artists who transformed 15 condominium lofts of IDEA1 with immersive art installations; a blindfolded dining experience on the rooftop; 7 chef stations; an industry mixer with 10 different arts orgs; a 5-Senses-themed runway show by Fashion Week San Diego; live dance performances and much more. The event was featured on National Geographic’s San Diego Spotlight Series.
To view our full season CLICK HERE.